Intern - Legal at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Legal team at Wish is hiring three (3) summer interns as part of the company’s broader summer internship program. At Wish, legal interns will receive practical, hands-on experience in a broad range of legal practice areas, including intellectual property, commercial, product, privacy, corporate governance, employment, regulatory, and litigation, among others. We are seeking applicants who share Wish’s values of fostering diversity and inclusion in the legal profession—applicants of all backgrounds are considered and encouraged to apply—and who are interested in gaining legal experience in an in-house corporate environment.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be tasked with actual attorney work and asked to assist with both complex projects and day-to-day responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Strong execution, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Exceptional legal research and business research skills
- Excellent judgment and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Interest in learning and acquiring new knowledge and skills
- Willingness and ability to work in a strong team-oriented environment
- Ability to successfully balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a face-paced environment
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite preferred
- Currently enrolled as a first-year law student in good standing at an ABA-accredited law school
- Top academic performance
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Law school and undergraduate transcripts
- Legal writing sample (not to exceed 10 pages)
Application deadline – January 18th
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.