Intern, Legal at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Legal Intern will provide project-based support for the Legal team in Planet’s Corporate Headquarters in San Francisco. The Legal Intern will work side-by-side with the Legal team to increase efficiency across different projects and tasks. This role will be focused on supporting the Legal and Regulatory teams on various projects.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Work in concert with Legal and Regulatory team members on special projects
- Conduct research and analyze data on assigned projects
- Provide reports as needed for the Legal Team
- Assist with updating, improving and maintaining procedures, processes, forms and legal policy documents
- Assist with re-designing, updating and maintaining information posted on the Company’s Legal Intranet site
- Confirm contract files for completeness (interacting across various systems, including SalesForce)
- Assist with setting up a site in SharePoint for regulatory information
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Work on strategic projects (e.g. amendments, contract reviews, process workflows)
- General contract review and analysis
What You Bring:
- Actively pursuing a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Demonstrated capability to understand complex issues and to provide timely and practical advice, which addresses both the legal concerns and the overall business benefits and risks
- Ability to maintain a graceful and helpful customer service attitude, particularly in high-pressure and time-crunched circumstances, where last-minute circumstances may shift project priorities
- Established efficiency by use of meticulous organizational skills, including the ability to manage a variety of projects and ongoing negotiations at once
- Capable independent worker, quick learner, and self-starter, who is driven and creative, yet who is a team player who brings a positive and supportive mentality to Planet.
- Good sense of humor, outgoing, drama-free, inquisitive about new ideas, and desires to get things done
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.#LI-REMOTE#LI-TK1