Intern - Software Engineer, Marketplace & Logistics (Fall 2021) at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Marketplace team builds the merchant-facing experience on the Wish platform. We help merchants list, market, sell, fulfill and receive payment for their goods.
Each member of our engineering team works on all areas of our tech stack to get the job done, from client-facing UI and API development to creating data pipelines and processing backend jobs. We take full ownership of everything that we do: building new features, iterating over existing ones, and ultimately having an impact on the merchants that we serve.
The Marketplace team offers a rare opportunity to work on key company initiatives from customer service, business intelligence, ERP, RESTful APIs, data pipelines, data visualization, as well as both web and mobile apps.
Our past and current projects include:
- Building integrations for Wish on a variety of third-party platforms for merchant acquisition, logistics improvements and warehousing solutions
- Creating a brand-new frontend based on a modern UI framework
- Running A/B tests on UX experiments to improve merchant engagement
- Creating a pipeline for tagging merchant uploads for duplicate and forbidden products
- Building a new merchant acquisition and onboarding process
- Solid foundation in computer science, math and/or software engineering
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Interest in end-to-end feature development from design to execution
- Self-motivated, hands-on, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Strong desire to improve the design, implementation, and maintenance of large software systems with millions of users
- Interest and ability to build features quickly and iterate in a data-driven fashion
- A passion for hacking social e-commerce is a must
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.