Intern, Workplace & Culture at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Workplace team is seeking an intern to support them in the revisioning of Planet’s office space. Planet’s culture ties heavily to our physical office, our “mothership.” You will sit with the folks whose responsibilities are to address new health standard requirements and creatively re-imagining our home. It is (hopefully) a once in a lifetime opportunity, that has the potential to define Planet’s culture for years to come. The ideal candidate has a passion for efficient procedures and policies and a flare for outside of the box thinking. Your personal motto is to be “proactive and not reactive,” and you pride yourself on being composed in pressure situations.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Facilities maintenance, including office and space planning, security, cleanliness, design and decor
- Reception duties, as appropriate, including welcoming returning employees and visitors
- Research and budget for team events, in person or virtual
- Communications with the entire Planet team, via slack and email, to relay office policy, procedures, and activities
What You Bring:
- Resourcefulness and scrappy attitude to get things done
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Welcoming and professional demeanor
- Outstanding communication skills (to comprehend and give instructions)
- Gsuite prowess
What Makes You Stand Out:
- A willingness to laugh at yourself and the absurd
- Patience, empathy, and kindness
- Understanding that you may not always know the answer, but you do have a keenness to ask questions - lots of questions - to discover the answer
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.#LI-REMOTE#LI-TK1