Machine Learning Developer Intern at Unity
We are looking for an exceptional Machine Learning Developer Intern to push the boundaries of what is possible in the world of Computer Vision and Machine Learning on 3D data. If you're passionate about using 3D real and synthetic data to train algorithms, crafting next-gen volumetric 3D experiences, and launching products from the ground-up, then we want to talk with you!
You’ll join a team of researchers and developers with experience in Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Software Engineering. You’ll participate in creating algorithm and optimization efforts to ship realtime 3D volumetric experiences.
Our vision is to redefine and reinvent how users consume sports and esports content.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and train Deep Learning models on 3D real-world and synthetic data.
- Keep up-to-date with industrial and academic research on Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and related technologies.
- Build robust microservices for model training and inference that can process gigabytes of data and scale to millions of users.
- Write clean, maintainable production code and review application and test code.
What we’re looking for
- Students currently enrolled in university or college and pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math, or an equivalent technical field
- Students completing the second to last year of study or in the penultimate year
- Experience with taking state-of-the-art models and algorithms from the lab to reality.
- Experience in Computer Vision and Machine Learning, especially in 3D pose estimation, segmentation, multi-view geometry, 3D reconstruction, and related areas.
- Hands-on experience building production models with TensorFlow, PyTorch, or equivalent deep learning framework
- Experience with the Unity game engine and synthetic data generation.
You might also have
- MS/Ph.D. in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math, or an equivalent technical field
- Published research in areas of Machine Learning at major conferences and/or journals
- Experience with Unity’s Machine Learning stack (Perception toolkit, Barracuda).
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.