Marketing Intern at Doximity
Why Work at Doximity?
Doximity is rewiring healthcare and is the 6th fastest growing technology company in North America and is the leading social network for healthcare professionals with over 70% of U.S. doctors as members. (Here's how clinicians use our products). We have strong revenues, real market traction, and we’re putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time. Our founder, Jeff Tangney, is the founder & former President and COO of Epocrates (IPO in 2010), and Nate Gross is the founder of digital health accelerator RockHealth.
For us, transparency is key, so ensuring your goals and values align with ours is also an important step. Take a look at how we Work at Doximity and check out a blog post from one of our interns last summer.
As the eyes and ears of our users, the marketing team's responsibility is to deeply understand our members' challenges and strategically build campaigns to meet their needs. We're looking for a smart, motivated marketing intern to join our team for the summer.
We put physicians first when we build our products and learn from medicine's best and brightest to do so. Our advisors have expertise spanning 27 specialties and have published thousands of peer-reviewed articles in their fields. Our Ambassadors are from top medical schools, with interests in engineering, technology and entrepreneurism — several having created their own companies.
Our internship program provides structured (and unstructured) opportunities to learn from our talented team in San Francisco, in the epicenter of digital health.
How you'll make an impact:
- Build and track cross channel marketing strategies that reach every single clinician in the U.S. Drive and optimize our offline and online marketing initiatives.
- Support the company’s market research and competitive positioning analysis to identify key competitors and potential partners with business development and product teams.
- Identify unique ways to drive member growth and expansion through product enhancements and business partnerships
What we're looking for:
- Passionate about improving the state of healthcare. Pre-med or currently in medical school is a plus.
- Articulate: Whether you’re on the phone, or writing an email or crafting a product guide, you are eloquent and reflect the voice of the company (and adjust when needed). You have strong writing and editing skills.
- Your mantra is: Data or it didn’t happen
- SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Healthcare or hospital experience preferred, but not required.
- MacGyver attitude: When something needs to get done, you are creative, persistent and resourceful. You do what it takes to GSD (get stuff done).
- Personable: Whether you’re talking to businesses, colleagues or our beloved doctors (our users), you can hold your own.
What you’ll gain from the summer:
- Evaluate future product planning for Doximity, including market research, partnership opportunities, and pricing strategy
- Conduct competitive intelligence and design a strategy to address competition
- Join product partnership discussions and work on the operational side of the business
- Identify and address opportunities for increased efficiency across the business
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Free lunch, snacks and beverages
- Rooftop game room and deck with a beautiful view of SF skyline
- Social events including lunches and company competitions
- Hands-on ongoing mentorship during internship term
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.