Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Your goal as a Merchant Diversification Intern at Wish is to be a driving force of our seller diversification & category expansion opportunities. We are on a mission to build a trusted, fun and entertaining platform for our consumers, and empower a platform for sellers that enables them to grow their business.
The Merchant Diversification Intern will assess and review the size of opportunities on a local or global scale in a methodical way and help influence decisions designed to improve both merchant and customer experience (e.g devising product features that offer ways to support customer & seller growth, tackle merchant obstacles that are hindering them from unleashing their potential, or reviewing market size for trending category evolution).
A successful Merchant Diversification Intern will be able to effectively support the business in identifying growth opportunities and work with external partners and internal stakeholders to remove barriers and find solutions to grow.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Wish and e-commerce growth at scale, has a strong innate curiosity, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research and assess the impact of proposed feature roll-outs that touch both merchant & consumer
- Improve the seller optimization journey to ramp up merchant growth
- Provide insight into educational material that will help merchants be a success on Wish
- Influence Product Manager(s) based on data-driven decisions & market insights
- Act in best interest of both consumer & merchant, to empower a fair buying/selling marketplace - working with the policy team where needed
- Conduct competitor analysis on a local and global scale
- Effectively communicate & collaborate with key teams including Business Development, Logistics, Brand Protection, Content etc
- Effectively communicate & collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders to influence merchant & category requirements
- Demonstrate analytical thinking and leverage data to support decision making
- Previous experience in a similar role strongly desired (Strategy Analysis, Marketplace Expansion, Product Management, Business Development, Marketing, Category Management)
- Knowledge of the consumer trends and online shopping industry, particularly with marketplaces & marketplace sellers
- Detail-oriented, relentlessly resourceful
- Strong personal presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, and time management
- Proficiency in CRM systems, an asset
- Familiarity with Tableau, SQL, Jira, an asset
- Team-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Agile individual with the ability to work autonomously in a demanding and ambiguous environment
- Available to work 40 hours per week from January to April
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.