Product Design Intern (summer 2020) at DoorDash
Do you enjoy the convenience of having your favorite food delivered to your home or dorm? Are you an up and coming designer who’s ready to learn from the best? Are you excited to take your craft to the next level? Then you’re in luck because DoorDash is looking for Product Design interns for Summer 2020!
As a Product Design intern at DoorDash, you’ll be at the forefront of our efforts to create products in an ever-growing and complex three-sided marketplace. You’ll use your full range of skills, from product thinking to interaction and visual design, to build delightful and functional experiences. You’ll work with the cross-functional team throughout the product development process to test out your ideas at all levels of fidelity, and learn what details matter at each stage of the design process. You’ll also have access to amazing mentors who’ll help you on your journey. We're excited to have you join our team!
- Embed directly into one of our product teams, working on a project in close collaboration with other designers, content strategists, researchers, product managers, and engineers
- Use the DoorDash design process to find and resolve complex problems and edge cases
- Produce work that embodies the distinctive feel of DoorDash’s products
- Think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, test your designs with users, and work with engineers to build them
- Participate in team/company initiatives, design critiques, and collaboration sessions
- Present design to various stakeholders
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Design (graduating on/after Dec 2020) or equivalent experience
- Have at least one project that demonstrates your product design capabilities
- Ability to design across platforms (mobile, web, desktop, etc)
- Understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical
- Understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- Polishing and refining your work is important to you, you obsess over details to ensure everything is pixel-perfect
- Whatever your tools of choice, you wield them with precision and speed
- A portfolio of work submitted with your application, (UX/UI) mobile, web, in-app or elsewhere
- Have a curious, growth-focused, and humble mindset
- Bonus points for Figma and sketch knowledge, motion, iconography, UX system flows, modern UI visuals, and prototyping skills
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.