Fivestars is looking for Summer 2020 interns (June - July) to join our Product Design team and build the next generation of products to help small businesses and local communities thrive. In this role you’ll gain hands-on experience with Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier, Lottie, After Effects, and the rest of our tech stack that supports over 14,000 merchants and 50 million customers. We’ll provide you with all the mentorship, support, engagement, and real-time feedback that you need to accelerate your learning and make an impact on the Fivestars product.
Who you are
You’re currently pursuing a degree in software design or a related field and want to solve complex and interesting problems. You demonstrate a high level of curiosity and thirst for learning. You are a strong team player who wants to contribute to a product that impacts the lives of business owners and consumers alike.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with Product, Research, and Marketing teams to identify the user and business needs
- Participate in research studies with internal and external product users that drive product design decisions
- Synthesize and analyze research results to drive product design decisions
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and hi-fidelity visuals
- Design external marketing materials
What we’re looking for
- Someone that works quickly, collaboratively, and iteratively
- Eagerness to learn, grow, and has a track record for being self-driven
- Someone that can thrive while working remotely
- Highly responsive when using company communication platforms (Slack, Hangout, Webex,Gmail)
- Inspiring portfolios that demonstrate your creativity and interests
- Experience with or interest in illustration or animation is a plus
Who we are
At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.