Research Associate (Internship) at Ginger
Our mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle.
Ginger is transforming how behavioral healthcare is delivered by making it easy for people to get the behavioral health support they need, when they need it, through on-demand coaching, teletherapy, telepsychiatry, and guided self-care — all from the privacy of a smartphone
Businesses purchase Ginger for their employee’s or member’s benefit. With Ginger, people around the world receive immediate emotional support that’s personalized to their needs, and completely confidential. Ginger’s high-quality, team-based care works — 70% of people show significant improvement after 12 weeks of using Ginger.
At Ginger, people are at the heart of what we do. We believe that diverse and inclusive teams make our company better. Teams with individuals that bring different perspectives to challenges are more innovative, collaborative, and create better solutions and better companies. We’re building a workplace that actively embraces a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. Come join us!
Fast Company called Ginger one of The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare and the World Economic Forum named us a Technology Pioneer.
About the role:
The Research Associate is an intern position responsible for supporting Ginger’s cross-functional and multidisciplinary Research & Evidence program portfolio. This includes projects focused on evaluating the clinical and economic impact of the Ginger program in addition to collaborating on data science and product R&D efforts.
- Conduct literature reviews in the area of mental health, digital health, and other related topics
- Assist in drafting project proposals, plans, summaries, and presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate meetings and follow-ups with cross-functional team members (product, marketing, data science, clinical)
- Draft study related documentation including protocols, analysis plans, and manuscripts
- Assist in Institutional Review Board (IRB) and journal submission processes
- Support data science team in scoping analyses for retrospective studies
- Familiarity with digital health / health and wellness industry
- Mission-driven personality
- Bachelor's degree in health related field or quantitative discipline
- Pursuing advanced degree in public health, psychology or related field (MPH, MSW, MHA, MPP, MS)
- Ability to work in Ginger’s San Francisco office location with option to work remotely occasionally
- Superior writing, communication, project management, and problem solving skills
- Experience using GSuite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Appetite for working cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
To note: This role is intended to be an internship for Summer 2020, though dates are flexible.