Research Associate (Internship) at Ginger
At Ginger, we believe that everyone deserves access to incredible mental healthcare. Our on-demand system brings together behavioral health coaches, therapists, and psychiatrists, who work as a team to deliver personalized care, right through your smartphone. The Ginger app provides members with access to the support they need within seconds, 24/7, 365 days a year. Millions of people have access to Ginger through leading employers, health plans and partners. Ginger has been recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer, Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare and UCSF’s Digital Health Awards as 2020’s leading Mental Health Company. Learn more about our vision to build a world where mental health is never an obstacle at ginger.com.
About the role:
The Research Associate is an intern position responsible for supporting Ginger’s cross-functional and multidisciplinary Research & Evidence program portfolio. This includes projects focused on evaluating the clinical and economic impact of the Ginger program in addition to collaborating on data science and product R&D efforts.
- Assist in data management and analysis as part of Ginger’s ongoing research projects. Analyses will rely on both observational and quasi-experimental methods
- Conduct literature reviews in the area of mental health, digital health, and other related topics
- Assist in drafting project proposals, plans, summaries, and presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate meetings and follow-ups with cross-functional team members (product, marketing, data science, clinical)
- Draft study related documentation including protocols, analysis plans, and manuscripts
- Assist in Institutional Review Board (IRB) and journal submission processes
- Interest in digital health / health and wellness industry
- Mission-driven personality
- Bachelor's degree in health related field or quantitative discipline
- Pursuing advanced degree in public health, psychology, health economics or related quantitative field (MPH, MPP, MS)
- Proficiency in one of the following programming languages: Python, R, Stata
- Experience working with quantitative data as part of research efforts
- Superior writing, communication, project management, and problem solving skills
- Experience using GSuite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Appetite for working cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
To note: This role is intended to be an internship for Summer 2021, though exact dates are flexible.