Software Developer Intern, Game Simulation at Unity Technologies
We believe students are our future
Unity values students’ fresh perspectives, and we provide technical and nontechnical students the opportunity to make a real impact at work while learning, growing, and translating academic knowledge into work in the industry.
We are looking for outstanding interns to join the Game Simulation team! This is a product team passionate about building services to enable developers to continuously evaluate and test their games at scale by using millions of cloud simulations of their game. Games are some of the most sophisticated pieces of software and require extensive manual work to test, whether it’s supervising down bugs or balancing the difficulty progression and in-game economy.
Our goal is to build a platform that empowers game developers, designers, and testers to automate testing. This will result in exceptionally faster iteration and release cycles, lower development costs, and a much more enjoyable experience for the millions of players that enjoy games made with Unity!
What you’ll be doing
- Craft and build runtime packages used by developers and designers during the development process for multiple types of games
- Support package and service integrations with other Unity products such as ML-Agents and Game Simulation
- Write clean, maintainable production based code and review application and test code
What we’re looking for
- Expertise in extending the Unity Editor and C#
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Programming experience in one of the following languages: Python, C#, Java, Scala, or C++
- Experience with both frontend UI and backend API development
You might also have
- Experience building and shipping a game using Unity
- Experience with AI, and managing input actions into state machine, reinforcement learning or imitation learning logic
- Experience with machine learning inference engines (e.g. Apple Core ML)
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.