Software Engineer Intern, Manufacturing at Wing
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Program:
Wing’s Summer 2021 internship will take place virtually in the United States. This 12 week program is for students in their graduating year of school. We will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis until March 2021.
Students from all schools, and students who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented in the technology industry are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to: Black/African American, Latinx/Hispanic, Native American, students with disabilities, veterans, and non-binary people.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for an intern to join the Manufacturing team! This candidate will develop infrastructure and test automation systems for aircraft manufacturing and activation. Team members work in a highly cross-functional and dynamic environment with internal teams and external vendors.
What You’ll Need:
- Proficiency in object oriented languages such as Python
- Experience with linux, embedded systems, testing and design, systems software and/or hardware
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's, Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, with an anticipated graduation date after December 2021
- Strong examples of hands-on engineering experience from university programs, internships, or student organizations
- Passion for aviation, drones, or related technologies
- Experience developing your own side projects with ideas you’re passionate about
- Knowledge in the one or more of following technologies: GPS, Wifi, Cellular, Depth Sensing, Camera Systems, Linux Systems
- Experience working with hardware interfaces such as USB, UART, SSH, SCPI, or CAN
Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in the United States for the duration of the internship program. Individuals applying for this position will not be eligible for immigration sponsorship.