Solutions Engineer, Intern at MemSQL
As an intern on our Sales Engineering Team, you will work closely with customers and prospects participating in memSQL Proof of Concepts (POCs) and other customer engagements. In this hybrid role you will collaborate cross-functionally with both the Engineering and Sales Teams to build reusable assets (tools, demos, etc.). This role requires strong programming skills, an ability to understand complex technical solutions, and the desire to create high-quality utilities that will resonate with customers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Build UI/CLI Tools to support MemSQL
- Build reusable assets (demos) showcasing MemSQL’s capabilities, including:
- Fraud Detection
- Predictive Analytics pertaining to Marketing, Telco, Adtech, Manufacturing
- Realtime Workloads with CDC, Kafka, etc.
- High Speed Ingest and Analytics
- Predictive ML models with MemSQL as the underlying Data source.
- Partner with teams including Sales Engineering, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to get input from various stakeholders
Required Skills and Experience
- Enrolled in a B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Strong programming skills, preferably with Go, Python, or C++
- Familiarity with Linux from a systems perspective
- Good understanding of RDBMS and SQL
- Basic understanding of UI frameworks
- Deep Learning and Machine Learning (TensorFlow, Spark MLib, etc.) understanding is a plus
MemSQL is The No Limits Database, powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, massively scalable architecture for maximum ingest and query performance with the highest concurrency. MemSQL envisions a world where every business can make decisions in real time and every experience is optimized through data.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Seattle, WA and Portland OR, MemSQL has raised nearly $100M from top investors including Accel Partners and Khosla Ventures, among others. MemSQL is trusted by customers including Uber, Akamai, Dell EMC, Samsung, Comcast, Kellogg, and more.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.