Summer 2021 Internship - Software Engineer (Remote) at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is seeking interns/co-ops to join our engineering team to build new features that improve existing products like Retail, Pro, Custody, Wallet etc. You will solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems. You will help build the next generation of systems to make cryptocurrency accessible to everyone across the globe (desktop, iOS, Android), operating real-time applications with high frequency, low latency updates, keeping the platform safe from fraud and enabling delightful experiences, and managing the most secure, dockerized infrastructure running in the cloud.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
What we look for in you:
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- Enjoy thinking about how people interact with products and building experiences that users love.
- Self-motivated and committed to personal growth.
- Approach problems with positive energy.