UI Tools Developer Intern at Unity
As a UI Tools Developer Intern at Unity, you will help build impactful tools for content creation and artist-facing features that apply machine-learning to author content. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building workflows that empower Unity game developers to craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
In this internship, you will build foundational tools to support machine learning developers. Because the framework is early in development, many high-impact fundamental pieces are just getting started. Tasks range from building UIs that analyze, visualize, and validate machine learning models to extending a painting system backed by machine learning to create or manipulate 3D assets.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and maintain high-quality User Interfaces for groundbreaking content authoring tools
- Work tightly with a cross-discipline team and technical artists to provide highly productive and effective art and content tools
- Prototype production-quality content creation workflows
- Test workflows on a variety of devices including desktops and tablets
What we’re looking for
- Students currently enrolled in university or college and pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher
- Students completing the second to last year of study or in the penultimate year
- Software development skills using C# or equivalent language
- Candidates should be familiar with real-time rendering and content creation
- Applicant should have strong math skills (statistics, linear algebra, calculus)
- Applicants have first-hand knowledge using brush-based authoring tools such as Photoshop, Zbrush, Maya, or equivalent
- Experience developing user interfaces in Unity
You might also have
- Unity development, engine development, or rendering experience
- Experience with Machine Learning research specifically for rendering or content creation
- Experience authoring 3D content for environments, such as terrains or interiors
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.