Wish is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We bring together world-class technical talent with a passion for connecting relevant products to the global population.
Every quarter Wish brings in exceptional interns to join the Wish family. Interns immediately work on solving unusual and challenging problems. If you are interested in fall 2020 internships please submit your resume.
We have four unique engineering teams: Marketplace, Product, Data & Relevancy, and Infrastructure. Read below to see where you might fit in:
Marketplace engineers work on systems programming, scalability, reliability, and API design. Each engineer has the opportunity to work on all merchant platforms as well as our entire stack. They work on entire features from the database level to the client.
Product engineers release new mobile updates biweekly to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly and make an impact immediately. Each engineer has the opportunity to work on all mobile platforms as well as our entire stack. They work on entire features from the database level to the client.
Data & Relevancy engineers work on our massive semi-structured datasets. They have domain experience in data mining, information retrieval, or machine learning, and a strong system orientation. Key product initiatives include product feed relevance, ad targeting, information extraction, and recommendations.
Infrastructure engineers scale a massive, highly-available platform end-to-end. They design distributed systems, validate performance, factor in security, and proactively monitor every corner of our stack. When things do go wrong, they are on-hand to fight the fires.
Please submit your resume to stay connected for future opportunities at Wish.
- Solid foundation in computer science, math and/or software engineering
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Interest in end-to-end feature development from design to execution
- Self-motivated, smart, hands-on, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Strong desire to improve the design, implementation, and maintenance of large software systems with millions of users
- Interest and ability to build features quickly and iterate in a data-driven fashion
- A passion for hacking social e-commerce is a must
* All intern work locations and travel will be determined by all local, state, national, and international ordinances during the time of their internship.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description