Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans such as Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, and comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, this person will partner closely with the company’s Co-Founder and be responsible for building and managing the corporate function for the company. This is a great opportunity to be a leader on a growing legal team and be influential in defining corporate strategy.
- Lead the corporate legal function for the company
- Manage domestic and international entity formation
- Support equity and debt financing and secondary transactions, including producing and reviewing due diligence materials and disclosure schedules
- Manage corporate governance (including updating governance docs, supporting the implementation of controls, board meeting prep, and drafting board resolutions) and supporting investor relations
- Support the Company’s corporate development efforts, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Partner with Finance and Compliance to establish and maintain appropriate corporate insurance
- Be the primary point of contact for Finance on various matters including global tax strategy and audit and IPO readiness
- Negotiate debt transactions, including structured finance and warehouse lines
- Build and manage the team focused on providing the services above across the organization
- 10+ years working experience in a combination of law firms and technology or traditional financial services companies, experience in startups is a plus
- Outstanding judgment and integrity, ability to balance complex matters independently and closely manage outside counsel
- Creative disposition and a problem-solving approach to lawyering that draws on your experience and your intuition coupled with validation of assumptions and the law
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and able to turn work around very quickly, as needed
- Management experience required and the ability to build a world-class team
- Entrepreneurial and ability to work across various modes of communication
- JD and admitted to practice in at least one jurisdiction