Associate Commercial Counsel
The DoorDash legal team has built a strong reputation within the company for the supportive approach to our style of counsel, always with a bias for action. We are team players, generous to our colleagues and we value growing together as a team. Most of all, we are passionate about our work and what we have built as a company, and we are always looking for opportunities to get better at what we do.About the Role
DoorDash is hiring a commercial lawyer to join our legal team at a very exciting time for our expanding business. You will have wide-ranging responsibilities, with ownership of projects that make an immediate impact on a fast-growing, dynamic business.
Your work will focus on supporting our vendor management, sales and partner management teams to allow the business to scale. You’ll draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements and help clients at every turn.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…Negotiate different commercial agreements, from contracts with restaurant brands to vendor agreements and leases. We value efficiency and concise drafting that drives towards a quick close.Improve contract templates and legal processes. As we grow and improve, you’ll refine existing tools and designing new processes that help the business scale. We’re excited about you because…
- You have experience drafting and negotiating different commercial agreements, including MSAs, software licenses, partnership agreements, and leases.
- You are able to work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- You are comfortable making decisions and relish ownership over projects.
- You have an ability to balance legal risk and business objectives.
- You see the glass as half full and pride yourself on your ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- JD from top law school, admitted to any state bar.
- 3+ years legal experience in a law firm and in-house legal department.
- Prior in-house experience.
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand economy.
- Technology transactions or IP experience.
- Experience with international expansion.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.