Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About this Role
As the Associate for Technology Disaster Recovery within the Enterprise Risk Management (“ERM”) Program at Chime, you’ll be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and management of corporate wide technology contingency planning efforts. This role will help drive and deliver effective business continuity and disaster recovery strategies to support and, in time of disaster, recover the company's critical business functions and applications.
You’ll ensure we adhere to relevant federal, state, and local agency laws, regulations, and guidance, as well as industry standard practice. This will involve partnership with internal teams, as well as collaboration with our issuing bank partner’s legal and compliance teams, to facilitate quality and innovative risk management solutions.
This role is responsible for assisting in the development of policies, standards and implementing procedures to ensure that the compliance programs related to business continuity and disaster recovery throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting risk and noncompliance with applicable rules and regulations.
The role will be located at either the Chime San Francisco headquarters or Chime office in Chicago. The role will report to Chime Manager of Enterprise Risk Management.
- Maintain policies and programs for enterprise risk and compliance management;
- Implement standard Risk Assessment, Business Impact Analysis, and other Disaster Recovery tools and capabilities;
- Conduct risk assessments of Chime technology to identify significant business continuity risks and mitigating factors.;
- Assist in maintaining enterprise-wide technology mapping to support analysis and projected impact of an outage or disruption. This analysis will be incorporated and included in enterprise continuity planning to support business line compliance
- .Partner with business units and technology departments to assist with regular validation and testing of documented Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans;
- Participate in coordinating resolution of live business continuity impacting incidents and conduct post incident reviews to investigate root cause and action items;
- Develop training and communication to ensure that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent internal policies, federal and state laws, regulations, and standards;
- Assist in the implementation of other related programs and functions such as Pandemic Response, Crisis Management, etc.
- Assist in due diligence review of new third-parties to ensure that business continuity risk exposure aligns with internal risk tolerances;
- Provide guidance to executives, staff, and employees on relevant risk management programs, policies, procedures and requirements;
- Bachelor degree.
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years (or 1-2 year plus a Master degree) of related experience required and either have earned or are working toward certification in business continuity / disaster recovery planning (e.g., CBCP, CBRM , CBCI, etc.).
- Have experience in building a technology disaster recovery program in a cloud-based environment
- Have specific knowledge of key law, regulations, guidance, and industry standard practices including but not limited to: FFIEC BCP handbook, ISO 22301, etc. and associated regulations.
- Be data driven to architect and analytically develop robust management monitoring dashboards to report on key risk metrics.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Speak and write clearly and concisely, adapt to the audience and express complex ideas in understandable and effective ways such as clear and concise reports, presentations, as well as speaking effectively to employees, members, vendors and the public.
- Be action oriented, collaborative and solutions focused.
- Work well with ambiguity, and multiple priorities while balancing the interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Maintain a sense of humor.
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally).
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches (when back in office!).
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.