Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
As an Associate Marketing Counsel, you will advise the company on legal issues related to marketing and other related communications, including but not limited to email communications, digital advertisements, editorial content, and landing pages. You will work closely with members of the Legal & Compliance team and cross-functional teams across the organization. The role requires a self-motivated and highly collaborative individual who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC.
What you'll do:
- Reviewing advertising and other promotional and communication materials for regulatory issues
- Proactively raising and addressing legal and regulatory risks related to strategic initiatives and innovative partnership
- Engaging in creative problem solving and making recommendations to help achieve the business’s goals
- Knowing what and how to communicate with others to identify and address underlying problems arising in regulatory and operational areas
- Managing a high volume of work while being able to maintain perspective and prioritize the work according to company goals
- Handling IP-related matters, including UDRPs
- Developing and improving company-wide policies and processes
What we are looking for:
- JD from law school and excellent academic credentials
- Member of the California Bar
- 2-4 years of relevant legal experience
- Tech sector and/or marketing/communications experience a plus
- Direct experience advising clients with curiosity and an innovative mindset
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Team oriented with the ability to work proactively and collaboratively
- Preferred: One or two paragraphs about your interest in the position and how you think your skills will translate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.