Associate, Privacy & Product Counsel at DoorDash
DoorDash is hiring an exceptional Associate Privacy and Product Counsel to join our dynamic legal team. You will partner with cross-functional teams to incorporate privacy considerations into the design of new products and features. You will also assist DoorDash in navigating complex privacy frameworks as it expands into new regions and business verticals.About the Role
As Associate Privacy and Product Counsel, you’ll have an opportunity to advise teams across our business on a wide-range of privacy matters. You will help develop and scale DoorDash’s privacy program strategy and ensure the company is a responsible steward of personal information. This position will require you to become an expert in domestic and international privacy laws that impact our products and business operations. And as a member of the lean legal team at a dynamic and fast-growing company, you’ll have ample opportunity to work on a variety of challenging privacy as well as other legal issues while partnering with teams across the company.
We’re looking for someone with a strong work ethic along with excellent analytical and communication skills. The ideal candidate will be someone who is creative and thinks outside-the-box, is a self-starter who takes ownership over initiatives, and is hands-on taking into consideration the lowest level of detail.About the Team
We’ve built a strong reputation within the company for our confident, supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We’re team players and we’re always looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of DoorDash’s privacy program in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations, including the California Consumer Privacy Act and the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Provide privacy advice to product and engineering throughout the development lifecycle to minimize legal risks, respect consumer privacy, and advance business goals.
- Drive awareness on privacy and security issues with the development of training and guidelines that help business stakeholders understand and address data protection and privacy issues as they emerge in development of new products and technologies.
- Collaborate with the Commercial team to review and negotiate data privacy provisions with third parties.
- Synthesize input from outside counsel, your own research, and feedback from internal stakeholders to provide practical guidance applicable to the teams you advise.
- You’re able to work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- You are technically fluent
- You have a proven ability to balance legal risk and business objectives.
- You have a positive attitude and high EQ. No job is too big or too small!
- J.D. required, admitted to any state bar.
- A minimum of 2+ years legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department, with a focus on privacy and data protection issues.
- Familiarity with privacy frameworks and advising on product teams.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
- CIPP preferred
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.