Commercial Counsel I at NextRoll
We’re seeking a Commercial Counsel reporting to our Director, Legal Counsel. In this role you will draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, work cross functionally with the marketing, product, business development and operations teams, and be the primary point of contact and legal support for the sales team. This is a unique opportunity to work on cutting edge Ad/Mar-Tech issues in a fast paced start-up environment where your work will have a direct impact on our business. You’ll join a high performing Legal team with a reputation for being business-savvy, collaborative, and creative problem solvers.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York offices, or remote.
Our work environment is one where ambition thrives and so will you. We help every employee discover their full potential by giving them opportunities to expand their skill set and develop their career at NextRoll. Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we're committed to helping all of our employees learn and grow.The impact you’ll make:
- Draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements, including software/SaaS, marketing, event, partnership, reseller, referral, consulting, non-disclosure, and master services agreements.
- Provide comprehensive legal support to the SaaS Sales teams, including fielding pre-sales questions, coordinating privacy and security reviews, and negotiating NextRoll’s Terms of Service.
- Maintain commercial playbooks and clause libraries to meet business requirements, align with company policies, mitigate risk, and establish consistency in contract negotiations.
- Seek to continuously improve existing forms, templates, and processes cross-functionally.
- Create and conduct company-wide legal trainings on the sales and procurement processes, and other topics.
- Assist with data privacy compliance, including review and negotiation of data processing agreements.
- Collaborate with the Legal team on ad hoc projects, litigation, corporate matters, and legal research.
- Stay up to date on industry news and legal developments and trends relevant to the business, such as digital marketing, privacy, and eCommerce laws.
- JD and are admitted to a state bar in good standing (preferably NY or CA)
- 4+ years of attorney experience negotiating, drafting and advising clients on technology or SaaS related commercial contracts (preferably a combination of law firm and in-house experience)
- Attention to details and strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment, multitask and work independently
- Background in advertising, privacy and/or digital media a strong plus
- Competitive salary, equity, and fully covered medical
- One month of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 3 months of paid pregnancy disability leave
- 3 months of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious marketers use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its three business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, AdRoll, a growth marketing platform for direct-to-consumer marketers, and NextRoll Platform Services, a platform-as-a-service for consumer and merchant marketplaces. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.