Who We Are:
Sendoso is where you go to build something bigger than yourself. We’re a Series B company with $54M in venture capital, more than 500 customers and 15,000 active users, and multiple revenue streams. Our company is on an unprecedented growth trajectory and we’re looking for people who want to do great things.
Ranked #1 on software review sites like G2, Sendoso helps companies stand out by giving them meaningful, new ways to engage with their buyers and customers. Our award-winning Sending Platform connects online and offline experiences via cloud software, automation, and real-world logistics—a feat that few companies have achieved.
And we believe that relationships matter, so we’re on a mission to create more human connections in a digital world. If you’re ready to seize tremendous opportunity, take ownership, and do meaningful work that moves the needle, you’re in the right place.
About Your Role:
We are looking to add our first internal legal hire to help build out process and structure around contract management, legal deal desk, corporate law, and other issues as they arise. We’re looking for an experienced (5 – 10 years), practical lawyer who has strong experience structuring, drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of agreements, including technology partnerships, customer agreements, etc. . You will work with cross-functional teams including sales, finance, etc. This is a sophisticated, senior individual contributor role that will have opportunity for growth and development of a team as the company grows. This position is a good launching pad for someone who wants to be a General Counsel in the future.
Who You Are:
You are an attorney that is excited to roll up your sleeves and be the first legal hire for a fast growing company.
Projects You’ll Work On
- Work across a spectrum of complex legal, business, and strategic issues.
- Provide counsel on a wide range of legal matters, coordinate external legal experts, advise on a variety of commercial transactions, and guard against potential legal risks that the company may face.
- Advise on a full range of issues related to product development and commercialization, including compliance with US and international laws on data security, marketing, consumer protection, risk management, and partner relations
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners and the commercial aspects of our products and programs.
- Knowledge and experience handling US and EU privacy and data protection issues and laws.
- Advise on risks of proposed commercial transactions and devise creative and practical legal solutions to meet business objectives.
- Identify ways and initiate projects to continuously improve templates, processes, and operations.
- Provide creative thinking to help identify legal technology solutions and related processes, including contract management, document and matter management tools, etc. in order to drive efficiency, collaboration and internal alignment
- Draft and help maintain Sendoso’s online agreements and written templates and lead the legal deal desk for contract redline review process.
- JD with membership in at least one state bar
- 5 -10 years of relevant commercial experience either in a technology company and / or at a top law firm. Mixed experience with in-house law and firm is preferred.
- Experience working with high-growth or venture-backed companies
- Strong problem solving, drafting and communication skills
- Extensive experience with technology agreements and commercial transactions; specific experience with SaaS contracts is a plus
What You’ll Love:
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Vacation Bonuses, Catered Lunch & Breakfast, Team Outings (in person), Dog Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, ClassPass, and Stocked Kitchen
- Comprehensive Medical Plans plans - we've got you covered
- Take-What-You-Need Time Off
- Vacation Bonuses 2X/Year
- 401K Plan
- FSA Plan
- Volunteer Time Off
- Birthday Time Off
- Catered Lunch & Breakfasts
- Team Outings
- Dog-Friendly Offices
- Collaborative Office Space
- ClassPass Membership Program
- Fully-Stocked Kitchen
Sendoso is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description