Commercial Counsel at UJET
Our dedicated team and awesome technology are disrupting the customer support space. Our SaaS platform replaces all of the convoluted systems, lines, and contact numbers of standard customer support with a stunningly simple SDK and Smart Actions – fingerprint, verification, real-time sharing (videos, photos, and screenshots) and effortless in-app texting - plus all data is encrypted, keeping customer data secure. We take the frustration out of customer support and in turn, provide a sleek, secure, and modern smartphone-era experience. Join our team as we revolutionize the customer experience!Opportunity
We are looking to add a Commercial Counsel with deep experience in tech transactions to our growing San Francisco legal team! The ideal candidate is collaborative, highly motivated, and detail oriented.
This role will report to our VP, Legal & Strategic Operations. Your work will focus on supporting our sales, partner management, and vendor management teams to enable the business to rapidly scale while mitigating risks.Responsibilities
- Review, interpret, draft, revise, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, from complex and high-value vendor deals to software licensing agreements, cloud platform agreements, and strategic partnership agreements.
- Build and maintain a template library, internal playbooks, and other tools to support and grow the legal team.
- Support dynamic improvement and iteration of existing tools and designing new processes that help the business scale, including helping to implement a contract management system.
- Build relationships and collaborate with various teams to enable cross-functional alignment/coordination and successful implementation of customer and vendor procurement processes.
- Advise stakeholders on complex deal structures, contractual legal issues and risks, company approval processes, internal policies and procedures, and negotiation strategy.
- Manage legal operations and outside counsel relationships, as necessary.
- JD degree, admitted to the California bar and in good standing.
- 5+ years experience in a law firm or in-house legal department drafting, negotiating and advising on tech transactions and advising engineering teams on structuring IP and commercial deal terms. Experience with CCaaS industry a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of taking ownership of and solving problems by blending sound judgement, common sense, critical analysis, and taking into account legal risk and product/business needs.
- Superb attention to detail and able to deliver results in a fast paced and high-growth environment.
- Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with cross-functional teams at all levels (including senior management and executive team).
- Knowledge of data privacy laws (GDPR and CCPA).
- Comfortable working in a fluid, fast-paced, and mature start-up environment
Security, data protection and compliance (SDPC) are paramount to the success of our partnerships. All roles at UJET require compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and acceptance and adherence to all policies and standards within UJET. Personnel acknowledges they are personally responsible for reporting any suspected violations or abuse and are required to complete SDPC training and fulfill role-specific SDPC responsibilities.Why UJET?
In addition to our great team and disruptive technology, we offer our teammates a competitive compensation and benefits package, work/life balance, unlimited vacation, stock options, catered lunches Monday through Thursday, monthly game nights, and more!UJET is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit. (Thanks CultureAmp who came up with this statement - it’s too good and too important to not repeat).