Scout is the sourcing and supplier engagement platform trusted by procurement teams to streamline their process, manage a unified pipeline of projects, and collaborate with stakeholders and suppliers. Scout’s powerful platform drives profitability and makes enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent, giving CPOs the tools they need to transform their organizations.
Over 250 global brands trust Scout to provide greater visibility across stakeholders and suppliers, centralize core processes, measure effectiveness, and make procurement teams crazy successful by delivering better business outcomes. Our simple, effective interface enables companies to streamline supplier selection, manage vendors, centralize data, and make more informed purchasing decisions, faster.
Scout’s Legal team is looking for a highly motivated attorney to join us as a Commercial Counsel. The ideal candidate will have a background in commercial contracts, data privacy, information security and compliance in an enterprise SaaS setting and will thrive advising a fast-paced business.
In this role, you will work with teams across our organization on a broad range of commercial contracts. You will also deliver legal and practical advice on other cross-functional matters that arise as Scout scales.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are interested in building legal processes at a fast-growing, VC-backed, enterprise SaaS company. You will have the opportunity to act as a trusted business advisor and to empower our legal and operations teams to lay the foundation for Scout’s coming growth stages.
What you'll accomplish:
- Draft, negotiate and execute a variety of outbound sales contracts
- Select, implement and improve processes and tools that will form the foundation of legal operations
- Negotiate with opposing counsel in a conversational and collegial tone
- Identify and escalate complex or non-standard issues to appropriate internal or external counsels or business partners
- Organize approvals of relevant contract terms from internal stakeholders
- Lead vendor contracting process in collaboration with product, recruiting, engineering, marketing and executive teams using Scout’s own platform!
- Contribute to other corporate, security, policy, and transactional matters
What you'll need to be successful:
- 3+ years of experience with an in-house legal department or law firm focused on commercial agreements and intellectual property licensing for SaaS or other complex transactional matters
- Experience reviewing, negotiating and closing major contracts and mastering standard terms
- Comfort communicating summaries of numerous and/or tricky legal issues to business and executive audiences
- Excitement about software start-ups, technology transactions, and enterprise procurement
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Admitted to practice law in California
- Eagerness to self-start, learn fast, and contribute to building a world class legal function
Mission: Our mission is to make enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent.
Competition: We compete with legacy data, spreadsheets and even pen and paper. We are an intuitive, cloud-based software that helps procurement professionals source fast and make a bigger business impact.
Smart and sustainable growth: We are rapidly growing, and very intentional about planning for future growth. The money goes into the business and continues to build and bring the best product possible to market.
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage. Unlimited PTO. Health Savings Accounts. 401(k) plan. Pre-tax commuter benefits. Retirement plan. Lunch twice a week. Fully stocked kitchen. We are always evaluating our options to do what we can to bring the best to our employees.
Transparency: Lots of companies say it, few of them actually live it. We live transparency every day - just ask a Scout employee to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scout RFP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Read Full Job Description