Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Commercial Legal team is instrumental in keeping day-to-day operations and transactions moving quickly while protecting the company. We are looking for a motivated Commercial Paralegal to join the team and help support our fast-growing business. The ideal candidate will love wearing many hats and tackling new and exciting challenges. Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience.What You’ll Do
- Draft, review and negotiate NDAs, vendor agreements, terminations, assignment letters, and amendments to existing agreements
- Support the legal contract management process by tracking contract status, prioritizing contracts for review, and processing executed contracts in accordance with department procedures
- Maintain an efficient legal filing system and manage retention of electronic documents
- Identify and help implement process improvements
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- Provide general administrative support to the Commercial Legal team, while interacting cross-functionally with other departments and outside counsel
- 3+ years of relevant experience at a law firm or in-house, particularly at a high-growth start-up, is preferred
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Extreme attention to detail, ability to adjust on the fly, problem-solving skills, intellectual maturity, business acumen, proactivity and a great attitude
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Humility, integrity and a desire to be part of a strong, supportive team; you take your work seriously but not yourself
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.