Compliance Manager at Blend
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:03 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, May 1, 2021
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for someone to join our Legal & Compliance team who’s motivated to solve hard problems—the more complex the better. As a Compliance Manager, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities as you provide support, subject matter expertise, and develop effective regulatory compliance controls, monitoring/testing, risk management, program governance, and process improvements. This role is a phenomenal opportunity to be part of a growing team and work on cutting edge issues in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Blend’s Legal & Compliance team helps navigate a growing FinTech company through an evolving and complex financial legal and regulatory environment. We enable our industry partners to continuously refine, build, and do business on our innovative business-to-business SaaS platform and other groundbreaking technology initiatives.
How you’ll contribute:
- Be a strategic thought leader in the development and implementation of a robust interdependent
- Compliance Management System across the SaaS and direct to consumer business lines.
- Drive development of cross functional relationships with the business line and senior management to implement compliance initiatives.
- Develop controls for business processes to mitigate legal and compliance risk.
- Design and implement a testing and monitoring program to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls and develop periodic reporting on test results.
- Manage and support internal and third party audits as well as ongoing due diligence.
- Serve as a team resource on compliance best practices.
Who you are:
- Knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations, such as ECOA, TILA/TRID, FCRA, GLBA, UDAAP, TCPA, CAN-SPAM and state equivalents.
- 6+ years of financial services or title experience leading a compliance, risk management, and/or audit function
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable with balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope/direction
- Willingness and ability to learn new laws, rules, and regulations and interpret and apply them
- Ability to work independently and adaptively, anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take the initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges
- Travel up to 20%
- Relevant legal/compliance experience managing compliance for a consumer reporting agency.
- Experience with implementing statistical analysis and sampling models.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description