Contract Manager at DoorDash
The DoorDash legal team has built a strong reputation within the company for the confident, supportive approach to our style of counsel, always with a bias for action. Our north star is delighting our business partners and our teammates and we deeply value growing together as a team. Most of all, we are passionate about our work and what we have built as a company, and we are always looking for opportunities to get better at what we do.About the Role
Your work will focus on negotiating vendor and sales contracts, supporting our compliance initiatives, and maintaining and updating our team resources and templates to enable the business to continue to scale. In addition to being a skilled communicator and possessing strong attention to detail, you will thrive in this role if you enjoy building processes and leveraging technology to create efficiencies.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Negotiate contracts for products and services.
- Prepare and amend contracts between the company and potential clients.
- Support the implementation and ongoing use of a contract management system.
- Work cross-functionally with a range of internal teams, including procurement, sales, and facilities.
- Maintain and improve our body of contract templates.
- Facilitate our compliance initiatives, such as ensuring that DPAs are in place with key vendors.
- You have experience negotiating commercial agreements, including MSAs, sales agreements, and data processing agreements.
- You relish the opportunity to build and implement processes.
- You see the glass as half full and pride yourself on your ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have 3+ years legal experience in a similar role.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You possess in-depth knowledge of procurement processes and business acumen.
- You have strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Prior in-house experience.
- Experience in the tech industry.
- Played a role in implementing a contract management system.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.