About The Role & Team
The Corporate Counsel will play a key role on Amplitude’s legal team working with cross-functional groups across the company and directly interfacing with our employees, customers, and partners. The position will be based in our San Francisco office and will report to the VP of Legal.
As Amplitude’s Corporate Counsel, you will:
- negotiate and draft a wide range of commercial contracts, including master services agreements, professional services agreements, partnership agreements, reseller agreements, and other types of agreements with customers in support of the global sales team.
- take on responsibility for the entire client contracting cycle – from initial draft to execution, working with business teams to drive contract negotiations to timely and successful completion.
- develop and administer internal processes to assist employees, ensure quick delivery of legal service, and review compliance.
- provide practical and strategic business-focused advice to all internal business clients, with the ability to summarize and communicate complex legal concepts, in order to achieve business objectives, mitigate risks and meet legal obligations.
- advise on data and privacy law issues, particularly legal requirements regarding COPPA, CCPA and other state and international laws such as the GDPR.
- work on various other matters - some legal, some not.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- a JD from an accredited institution and are a member of the California bar in good standing
- practiced law for at least 5 years and have a mix of in-house and law firm experience
- experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- excellent business judgment and are both detail-oriented and practical
- a highly responsive and service-oriented attitude. You interpret “I need it soon” to mean today or tomorrow
- the ability to be a self-starter who can handle a fast-paced, high-growth and informal start-up environment where there may be a good deal of ambiguity and a bit of controlled chaos
- great communication skills and you know how to talk and write like a human, not a lawyer
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
SF version; adjust for office location We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.