Cisco Meraki is searching for an early career Corporate Counsel to join our Legal team based in San Francisco! As the fastest growing cloud networking team in the world, our products and technology are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. At Meraki we’re busy simplifying powerful technology to free passionate people to focus on their mission.
We are a team of four in search of a fifth utility player who’s excited to identify and tackle issues all across our rapidly growing SaaS and hardware business. This role includes engagement with our Product, Sales, Engineering, Customer Support, Channel, HR, Operations, and Marketing teams. Are you ready to join our team?About You:
You are great at communicating succinct legal advice to executives and engineers alike, while balancing reasonable legal risk to enable important business outcomes. You have a curiosity about, and a passion for, both technology and the legal craft and are building extraordinary drafting and counseling skills. You are organized, dependable, and responsive (while we typically have no need to work nights or weekends, we want you to be open to it if the business teams need your support.) Finally, you are willing to dish out, or at least humor, a great pun or a devastatingly witty meme.How You’ll Contribute:
- Develop detailed knowledge of the Meraki products, business processes, people and go-to-market strategies around the world
- Support our Product Managers at all stages of the product life cycle
- Collaborate with our Sales and Channel teams across all stages of the Meraki customer and partner sales motion
- Dive into privacy, regulatory, and operational challenges for a growing worldwide business
- Build relationships throughout the Cisco Meraki organization and Cisco Legal team
- Learn to make fast, smart legal judgments to help our business continue to scale
- Support the executive leadership team and cross-functional decision-making throughout the organization
- Bring a positive attitude and approach challenges with a growth mindset
- ...and have a few (a lot of) laughs along the way
- 2-4 years of law firm practice in a transactional role with experience representing SaaS technology companies
- Experience managing projects or deals from start to finish
- Ability to draft a substantive email in five sentences or less
- Fierce organization and problem solving skills
- Commitment to building a diverse and inclusive culture
- Some travel may be required to support teams in worldwide offices, including Chicago, London and Sydney
- Experience in software licensing and/or privacy law
- Experience moving between ‘small company’ and ‘big company’ environments
- Ability to instruct the rest of Meraki Legal on how to use the fancy coffee machine (we are currently clueless)
Are you wondering what it’s like to work at Cisco Meraki? We are a team of smart, diverse, and passionate people who Care Deeply and enjoy working together, in-person and virtually across the globe. You’ll support the development and scaling of industry-changing technology and soon enjoy our breathtaking office with, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym, and paid time off to volunteer. Cisco Meraki has created an amazing equal opportunity focused work environment where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.