Corporate Paralegal at RingCentral
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Belmont, CA, Remote till July 2021
What if the decisions you made changed the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
When you join RingCentral Legal, you’ll bring your expertise to everything from policy to contracts to lawsuits. You’ll help protect the company from threats, guide internal policy decisions and drive ideas that change the way the world communicates. All in a strong, supportive culture designed to help you succeed.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The Corporate Paralegal will have responsibility for legal entity management and corporate secretarial support, including maintenance of corporate records and preparation of compliance filings. This position will work directly with Operations, Legal, Finance, Tax, and other internal stakeholders to identify, and complete requirements. In addition to the primary corporate governance responsibilities, this position requires a desire and willingness to work on various other legal projects for RingCentral, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including internal projects to support the overall administration of the legal function within RingCentral.
- Corporate secretarial management, public notary and maintenance of corporate records, including minute books and Board resolutions.
- Assistance with planning and preparation for Board of Directors’ and stockholders’ meetings.
- Formation, maintenance, and dissolution of legal entities, including legal entity corporate compliance activities, such as annual meetings, appointment of directors and officers, powers of attorney, annual reports, document preparation, etc.
- Work effectively with individuals across the company to obtain necessary information and communicate the importance of accurate and timely reporting.
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of experience of corporate paralegal experience in a law firm or global public company setting.
- Demonstrates high standards for professionalism, responsibility, and ethics.
- Ability to carefully proofread and pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, record-keeping and record-retention skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills and able to provide solutions to a variety of issues of moderate scope and complexity.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently but collaboratively, and prioritize and balance multiple tasks in a very fast paced and evolving environment.
- Experience with domestic and international corporate governance, including subsidiary maintenance and SEC reporting.
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and able to learn new programs.
- International experience and proficiency in a language other than English may be a plus.
Benefits and Amenities:
- Centrally located in Belmont, CA (close to highways 101, 280, and 92)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible PTO plan
- (10) Company Wide Holidays
- RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units)
- 401K Match
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- Complimentary organic breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
- On-site gym with free yoga and boot-camp classes
- Opportunities that accompany a high growth organization
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of cloud Message Video Phone (MVP), customer engagement and contact center solutions for businesses worldwide. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premise PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading third party business applications and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.