Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We’re seeking a Corporate Securities Counsel to join our Legal team, reporting to our Associate General Counsel. This role will advise on U.S. corporate and securities matters, which includes public company reporting, governance matters, subsidiary and legal entity management, strategic transactional support, and other corporate projects and challenges.
Additional areas of responsibility would include shareholder meeting proposals and board committee support. This role will partner with Planet’s finance, accounting, investor relations and communications teams on external disclosures such as earnings releases and press releases. It will also administer Planet’s insider trading policy and 10b5-1 plans.
What You Bring:
- Law degree with excellent credentials. 4-6+ years of experience as an attorney; California bar required.
- Energetic and creative problem-solver with superior interpersonal and project management skills. Ability to build consensus for decisions and quickly drive to effective resolution.
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity and willingness to take ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolve issues proactively.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to manage multiple demands, priorities, and projects simultaneously, with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player who is willing to dive in and learn the Planet business and unfamiliar legal areas from top to bottom and who has the ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Exhibits leadership, customer-service focus in building relationships, confidence, strong business judgment, ability to determine priorities based on business objectives and strong communications skills.
- Significant corporate and securities law experience, with a deep understanding of applicable SEC rules and governance structures.
- Superior organizational skills.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- At least four years of experience in a fast paced environment working on securities and corporate matters.
- Preference for experience at a high tech company with DaaS model.
- Knowledge and interest in agile aerospace.
- Mix of law firm and in-house experience is ideal!
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.#LI-MS1