Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
What you'll be doing:
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements to support our global business activities including but not limited to technology licensing agreements, procurement (indirect and direct), nondisclosure agreements, marketing and advertising agreements (digital and non-digital), and other commercial contracts and matters.
- Partner with various business teams across the organization to structure, draft and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Identify and explain commercial agreement terms and associated risks to the relevant business stakeholders and interpret contract requirements, obligations and risk assessment or exposure and advise on same.
- Develop strategic relationships with Wish’s internal business leaders and stakeholders as well as vendors and suppliers to support transactions relating to the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Provide thoughtful and practical business and legal advice to help support global business initiatives and development of relationships with strategic partners.
- Resolve issues that arise in commercial relationships, including but not limited to handling pre-litigation disputes, inquiries and advice.
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and active membership in one state bar required
- 4+ years of experience as an attorney handling commercial contracts (with at least 2 years of experience at a law firm and/or in-house), and preferably within an e-commerce and/or technology company handling consumer goods.
- Proven drafting, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solution oriented and ability to provide sound and practical business judgment.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.