Wish is looking for Counsel, Product & Privacy who can contribute to our growing Legal team and work on complex issues in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The role will help advise product and engineering teams on topics like data protection, marketing and promotions and support our commercial contracting functions.
The ideal candidate is: highly organized; able to collaborate effectively with other teams and departments; able to plan and execute projects of all sizes and durations; knowledgeable in U.S. and EU privacy and consumer protection law; naturally curious and a regular user of e-commerce apps; an effective researcher able to develop creative solutions to challenging issues; comfortable pitching in on any legal task or project with a “no task too big or small” attitude.
This role will report to the Senior Counsel, Product and Privacy.
For internal use only:
What You'll Do
- Research, strategize and advise on regulations and policies relevant to product goals and objectives including obligations and risk exposure
- Analyze the products, features and systems that Wish builds to help protect the privacy of Wish users and provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies
- Provide legal advice across many subject areas, including data protection and privacy laws and regulations, consumer protection laws, and advertising laws. Plan and execute projects to mitigate risk and develop our legal ops
- Collaborate with commercial counsel to draft, review and negotiate product team contracts and relevant provisions of various other contracts
- Educate business partners on key commercial, legal, policy, and other considerations; including by providing follow up information to internal stakeholders to ensure timely performance and compliance with legal obligations, including under contract
- Support the internal contract approval process and help to deliver continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes
- J.D. (or foreign equivalent) with membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 4+ years of legal experience with a reputable law firm
- Experience advising clients on complex legal issues in a variety of jurisdictions, including privacy and data use and/or regulatory matters.
- In-house experience at a consumer-facing technology company
- CIPP or some other privacy qualification
- Some experience advising on physical products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage numerous cases and/or projects under time-sensitive deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, innovative and demanding environment
Wish is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We bring together world-class technical talent with a passion for connecting relevant products to relevant people.
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Intro to Wish
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description