Our Instacart Operations team is seeking a leader for the Regulatory Operations team.
About our Regulatory Operations team: Instacart Regulatory Operations team is responsible for the business operations around regulations across each market in the US & Canada. As an evolving regulatory environment, the Regulatory Operations team is charged with crafting the strategy on managing our business operations within the needs of our local regulatory frameworks. In partnership with Policy, the Regulatory Operations leaders serve as the face of Instacart Operations to policy makers. Also, the Regulatory Operations team collaborates heavily with the Compliance team to deliver on all requirements.
Highlights: Build an arm of the organization while crafting a comprehensive, long-term strategy for proactively managing the external environment. Create a team of multi-dimensional managers who not only are experts in operations but are the face of Instacart in our communities.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will own critical company-wide strategy on regulatory and policy operations including advocating for our business needs while championing Instacart’s values
- You will project-manage implementation of regulatory operations strategy as well as influence roadmaps and execution of cross-functional teams including other operations teams and be responsible for meeting established KPIs.
- You will be a strategic thought partner for teams across the company as an expert in the operations of our business as well as the regulatory landscape.
- You will hire, develop, and grow your team with bar-raising operations talent and create a best-in-class organization.
- You will directly assist senior operations and public affairs leaders in decision making for the broader business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent work experience
- MBA preferred
- 8+ years of people management experience, including 5+ years managing other managers
- Experience in creating and setting the vision for a new team or business unit
- Exceptional public speaking skills and comfort working with external parties across disciplines
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership