Employment Counsel at Postmates
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 80% of US households with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.WHAT WE DO
Postmates is seeking a smart, personable Employment Attorney to join our expanding Legal department. Our close-knit team needs an enthusiastic and capable member to assist with a variety of issues that are core to our growing business. Based in either Nashville or San Francisco, you’ll work intimately with a talented assortment of characters in Legal, Human Resources, and Recruiting. Our ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, efficient, organized, and a team player. You will also need to take direction easily and maintain a sense of humor. Strong interpersonal skills and comfort operating in a fast-paced, results-driven environment are key.
You’ll be responsible for providing counsel and strategy to our teams across the country on a wide range of employment matters for our Nashville office. Day-to-day includes drafting and reviewing Postmates employee-facing policies on a broad spectrum of employment law matters, including recruiting, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence and accommodation, wage and hour matters, internal investigations, hiring and separation agreements, compensation and benefits, privacy, contingent workforce issues, executive compensation, unemployment, and immigration. You will also assist with managing employment investigations and litigation, oversee administrative claims, and collaborate with outside counsel and consultants to help Postmates continue developing best in class policies and practices.OUR REQUIREMENTS
- 4+ years legal experience (more welcome) practicing in-house or at a large or mid-sized law firm advising business clients on a wide range of employment issues;
- Demonstrated facility providing business stakeholders with pragmatic solutions that balance business strategy with legal risk;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- A collaborative, fast-paced style with the ability to work autonomously.
- Upbeat, drama-free attitude.
- Prior in-house experience and/or gig economy clients as outside counsel;
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand economy;
- Experience with EEO investigations;
- Experience with Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion policies;
- Experience with privacy and security compliance.