Immigration Paralegal at Reddit
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 400 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
This role is for a temporary, part-time (20-25 hours/week) contractor with the expectation that the role will become a FTE (40 hours/week) and permanent in the future. It will start remote but once converted to a FTE, the candidate will have the option to remain remote or work from one of our U.S. offices. Prior immigration experience is required.
- Acts as a liaison between internal employees and outside counsel. Outside counsel will handle the actual filing of applications initially, but the Immigration Paralegal will manage the process and act as a resource for employees going through the immigration process.
- Reviews, approves, and signs off on nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications for permanent residency and secondary benefits for foreign nationals
- Communicates with employees and human resources professionals to gather needed information and documents required for the preparation of petitions and applications.
- Creates, maintains, and enters in immigration case management system.
- Organizes and maintains immigration files.
- Maintains hard copy files and documents as required to support all immigration activity on behalf of clients.
- Works directly with attorneys and stakeholders to manage caseload from intake through processing and filing.
- Ensures that clients are kept apprised of the progress of their cases.
- 5+ years’ business immigration experience, preferably in-house
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal certificate