Junior Associate General Counsel
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a Junior Associate General Counsel to join our Legal Team to help build great experiences for our property partners, brand sponsors and the EV charging public. This job will allow the successful candidate to have direct exposure to all aspects of the business and to help shape this role both tactically and strategically. Beyond coming with an awesome legal background, we also want candidates to reflect curiosity, ambition, drive and enthusiasm - all necessary in our dynamic environment!
This position will be based in San Francisco and will ultimately report to our General Counsel.
- Support legal team in review/draft/negotiation of commercial agreements, such as leases, supply chain, manufacturing, media, license and other strategic relationship contracts
- Review and advise on real estate matters, such as leases, development, purchase and/or sale transactions, and provide support on environmental and other real estate issues
- Advise on and manage data privacy, security, open source and other product-related issues
- Coordinate and help set strategy for outside counsel and other resources with respect to litigation, zoning challenges, and regulatory matters
- Conduct in-depth legal research and factual analysis on an on-gong basis
- Supervise the work of others in record keeping and document preparation
- Remain current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations
- JD degree from an accredited law school, and a member of the California State Bar
- 2+ years of relevant experience, either in-house and/or at a law firm
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills; excellent analytical and communicative skills; and ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work closely with all levels of management and business units
- Good research and organization and analytical skills to gather and synthesize large volumes of information
- Demonstrated ability to multitask several time-critical projects under tight deadlines
- Commitment to upholding the rules of ethics and professional conduct
- Professional, communicative and friendly demeanor
- Self-starter with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible to the demands of cross-functional partners and able to successfully maneuver within the constantly-changing landscape of a startup
- Exposure to privacy, real estate, data governance, and permitting
- Personal passion for the EV space coupled with a connection to our altruistic core values
Read Full Job Description