Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
As a Legal Compliance Manager on our team, you will work closely with Legal, and Engineering and Product partners providing the compliance perspective on cross-functional initiatives to help drive the company’s compliance efforts.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- Help to build and drive a compliance risk assessment program, including developing the methodology and assessing the effectiveness of the control environment
- Advise on the necessary preventative and detective controls to mitigate compliance risk, detailing the requirements and managing implementation
- Lead and drive the documentation of key compliance processes across the company, building and cultivating positive working relationships across teams
- Work with relevant partners on remediation approach and timeframes on identified issues, assigning ownership and tracking to completion
- Assist in the development of company training to carry out various compliance requirements
- Contribute to coordination of external audits of our compliance and security program
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree + 5-8 years of compliance and financial services, consulting or a similar strategic or analytical experience; preferably experience with savings and asset products
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity -- can thoughtfully develop and implement compliance frameworks and processes to complex problems
- Ability to synthesize and report on qualitative and quantitative data clearly, succinctly and confidently in verbal and written communications
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally and adept at partner management
- A self-starter who can take a project and run with it
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with consumer protection laws
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.