Legal Counsel, Commercial
The TripActions Legal team is looking for a bright, passionate, creative attorney with a fierce intellect and a collaborative spirit to join our growing commercial legal team. This attorney will primarily support our commercial activities, partnering with sales, business development, and marketing colleagues to help drive TripActions’ global growth. This role is ideal for a commercial transactions lawyer with the desire and aptitude to flex into other subject areas, helping to drive value across the business.
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter or written statement telling us why you are interested in working at TripActions at this time and in this role.
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements (sales, business development, and procurement)
- Develop and maintain templates, forms, and playbooks to streamline legal-sales collaboration -- focusing on making the process as self-serve as practical for the field sales team
- Partner with Sales and Product to develop and improve go-to-market options across customer segments
- Contribute positively to the culture of the TripActions legal team and the company as a whole
- Lean in to support the Legal team in other areas (such as intellectual property, corporate employment, and product counseling)
- J.D. degree, or international law degree + LLM
- Member of the California bar in good standing (RIHC status OK)
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a practicing attorney is required
- Prior in-house product counsel experience at a fast-growing technology company is a huge plus
- Must be able to take a B2B SaaS sales/licensing agreement from base form to closing, from day 1 in the role
- Experience/familiarity with privacy and security related agreements (especially under GDPR) is valuable
- Ability to keep pace with TripActions’ rapid global growth and dynamic culture
- Clear, crisp communication skills, exceptional judgment, and a practical, business-minded approach are essential for success in this role