Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
As Product/Privacy Counsel, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal guidance on product development initiatives. You will partner with our innovators to develop new technologies while managing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance. You will also be called upon to manage and negotiate complex relationships that contribute to our products’ success. As we expand our offerings, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate impact.
- Research, build compliance strategies for, and educate our teams (legal and non-legal) about all relevant privacy laws (CCPA, CCPA2.0, TCPA, HIPAA/HITECH, and a variety of other acronyms)
- Provide guidance to product and engineering teams on issues related to new and existing products and features throughout the entire product development lifecycle
- Draft and negotiate vendor, intellectual property, and upstream agreements affecting the company’s products and services
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, advertising, IP, and privacy laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice
- Work closely with the audit and compliance teams to help them design effective tests and controls to ensure your processes are being implemented
- Review marketing and public communications to ensure compliance with federal, state, and other relevant laws, as well as with our compliance frameworks
- Provide ideas and insights into how the company can work within the law to create amazing product experiences for its customers
- Be an enthusiastic generalist who can help with new and varied challenges as they arise, in teamwork with the rest of the legal group
- 5+ years of combined, relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies, and/or in-house legal departments, preferably in high-growth environments
- Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology spaceIdeally healthcare-specific expertise, or alternatively consumer-facing online product expertise
- Excellent commercial negotiation and drafting skills
- Fluency translating legal advice into actionable guidance for innovative product and business teams
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- A JD and active membership in at least one state bar
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description