Legal Operations Lead
The DoorDash legal team has built a strong reputation within the company for the confident, supportive approach to our style of counsel, always with a bias for action. We strategically manage legal risk, while maintaining high velocity and our competitive advantage. We are team players, supportive of our colleagues, and we deeply value growing as a team. Most of all, we are passionate about our work and what we have built as a company, and we are always looking for opportunities to get better at what we do.About the Role
Your work will focus on creating efficiencies and reducing outside counsel spend via technology and process-building, supporting our compliance initiatives, and maintaining and updating our team resources to enable the legal team to continue to scale. In addition to being proficient with leveraging data and analytics, you will thrive in this role if you have strong project management skills and can corral cross-functional teams to support your objectives. This role is based in San Francisco, CA.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Play a pivotal role in increasing our efficiency through technology and process-building.
- Support the implementation and ongoing use of a contract management system.
- Work cross-functionally with a range of legal team verticals, including litigation, corporate, commercial, as well as internal business teams, including procurement, sales, and finance.
- You relish the opportunity to build and implement processes.
- You have strong project management and operational skills - you make things happen!
- You use data to substantiate your decisions.
- You have 4+ years experience in a similar role.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You possess in-depth knowledge of legal technology and business acumen.
- You see the glass as half full and pride yourself on your ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in the tech industry.
- Directed the implementation of a contract management system.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer competitive compensation packages, open PTO, and comprehensive health benefits (including fertility and family-forming care).
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.