Paralegal, Corporate at Brex
Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans such as Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, and comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
The Legal and Compliance team makes critical decisions that impact both product development and company direction. Judgment, competence, empathy, ability to collaborate within and across functions, and a good sense of humor are essential to success on our team. Working in a fast-growing fintech startup also demands that we are solutions-oriented and are comfortable operating in a rapidly-changing environment. We are looking for a Corporate Paralegal to join our team. You’ll be working closely Legal, Finance, and the exec team on critical deals and details. You should be adaptable, process-oriented, and have an uncommonly keen attention to details. Experience in technology companies and startups is preferred, but not required.What you'll do:
- Work on domestic and international entity formation
- Manage the Cap Table
- Support due diligence efforts
- Partner closely with Finance and People teams to help with legal review and reporting
- Assist in preparation of materials for Brex’s executive team and board
- Experience drafting letters and doing light reviews of agreements is preferred
- Outstanding judgment and integrity, ability to balance complex matters independently
- 4+ years working experience in a combination of law firms and or in-house
- Flexibility to work in and on a wide variety of matters, often outside of your direct experience
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments and willing to turn work around very quickly, as needed
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, and enjoy working cross-functionally with colleagues in a low-politic environment