Product and Regulatory Counsel Lead at Blend
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:00 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for someone to join our Legal & Compliance team who’s motivated to solve hard problems—the more complex the better. As Lead Product and Regulatory Counsel, you will report directly to the Head of Legal and Compliance and lead our product counseling team as they advise internal clients on the various legal risks, business strategies, and other issues related to regulatory compliance. Your leadership, advice, and creativity will make an immediate impact by helping drive Blend’s legal and technology strategy. This role is a phenomenal opportunity to be part of a growing team and work on cutting edge issues in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Blend’s Legal & Compliance team is responsible for navigating a fintech company with broad market impact through an evolving and complex financial legal and regulatory environment. We enable our industry partners to continuously refine, build, and transact on our innovative business-to-business SaaS platform and other groundbreaking technology initiatives.
- Lead and manage a best-in-class product counseling teamAnticipate and identify legal and regulatory risks, and propose creative and effective solutions to address those risks
- Develop scaled strategies for addressing risk in business-centric ways and build processes that allows regulatory requirements to be met while allowing the business to move quickly
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering and Business Development and Security teams, and members of the Blend Leadership Team to proactively identify and mitigate upcoming risks
- Work with internal business partners to develop, implement, and iterate policies and procedures as Blend scales
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and privacy laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound regulatory advice
- Manage risk and ensure business and regulatory requirements are effectively implemented into our product and business processes
- Partner with the broader Legal & Compliance Team to share information about regulatory changes and product development to facilitate support across the team
- 10+ years of combined, relevant experience in in-house legal departments, law firms, and/or governmental agencies
- Knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA, RESPA, ECOA, EFTA, ESIGN, HMDA, FCRA, BSA/AML, TCPA, ADA, UDAAP, and GLBA
- Experience managing a high-performing product counseling team
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills
- Flexibility to adapt and thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to work independently and adaptively, anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take the initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges
- Experience effectively collaborating with business and other cross functional teams to ensure business needs are met
- JD, member of a US state bar in good standing
- Experience relating to SaaS centric issues that include privacy and security
- In-house experience at a cloud technology vendor or fintech company
- Experience with fintech bank partnerships, including regulatory compliance program administration
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description