Product and Regulatory Counsel at Blend
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:00 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 7, 2020
Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for someone to join our Legal & Compliance team who’s motivated to tackle challenges—the more complex the better. As a Product and Regulatory Counsel, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal and regulatory guidance and subject matter expertise throughout the product lifecycle. Your advice and creativity will make an immediate impact by helping drive Blend’s legal and technology strategy. This role is a phenomenal opportunity to be part of a growing team and work on cutting edge issues in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Blend’s Legal & Compliance team is responsible for navigating Blend's broad market impact through an evolving and complex financial, legal, and regulatory environment. We enable our industry partners to continuously refine, build, and transact on our innovative business-to-business SaaS platform and other groundbreaking technology initiatives.
- Counsel our Product, Engineering, Business Development, and GTM teams throughout the product lifecycle on applicable legal and regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Anticipate and identify legal and regulatory risks, and propose creative and effective solutions to address those risks.
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements, including partnership, licensing, and service agreements in support of product initiatives
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and privacy laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound regulatory advice
- Partner with the broader Legal & Compliance team to share information about regulatory changes and product development to facilitate support across the team
- 5+ years of combined, relevant experience in in-house legal departments, law firms, and/or governmental agencies
- Knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA, RESPA, ECOA, FCRA, BSA/AML, UDAAP, and GLBA
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently and adaptively, anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take the initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- JD preferred but will consider individuals with significant compliance and regulatory experience in a financial institution or fintech company
- Experience relating to SaaS centric issues that include privacy and security
- In-house experience at a cloud technology vendor or fintech company
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description