Product and Regulatory Counsel at DoorDash
DoorDash is hiring an exceptional business-minded product lawyer with regulatory experience to serve as counsel for our new and emerging business lines, including our expanding regulated business and product portfolio at a very exciting time for our rapidly growing business.About the Team
The Legal Team has built a reputation within the company for our supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We’re a group of collaborative and dynamic individuals that work as a flexible and cohesive group. Join us!What You'll Do
- You will have wide-ranging responsibilities, with ownership of projects that make an immediate impact.
- Your work will focus on supporting both our core business and new verticals in highly regulated spaces in the United States, Canada, and Australia to enable the business to continue to expand.
- You’ll provide a wide range of regulatory guidance to help internal clients problem-solve at every turn.
- Advise on our company’s work in an increasing number of highly regulated spaces such as alcohol and pharmaceutical deliveries
- Serve as the primary Product Counsel working closely with business partners to build compliant products and business operations in those regulated spaces.
- Anticipate and identify legal and regulatory risks and propose creative and effective solutions to address those risks.
- Work with our merchant partners to help address questions raised by our merchant partners’ legal teams regarding compliance of our products and services with relevant regulatory schemes.
- Identify any permits and licenses we need for various regulated product and operations, manage those application processes, and work with the product teams on needs and timing for compliance.
- 8+ years of experience practicing regulatory law at a top-tier firm or in-house.
- JD; admitted to any state bar.
- Sound judgment and ability to balance legal risks with business objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate.
- A philosophy that no task is too big or small and an interest in learning and growth.
- Prior in-house experience, particularly in the tech industry or the on-demand economy.
- Experience working in regulatory regimes dealing with food safety, alcohol, or pharmaceuticals.
- Experience building a regulatory compliance program from the ground up.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.