Senior Commercial and Product Counsel at Mural
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
We’re looking for a practical Senior Commercial and Product Counsel to be the fourth legal hire in a fast growing legal department. We are looking for a business minded generalist who can help scale the legal function, with an emphasis on commercial transactions, data privacy, and intellectual property matters. This role is reporting directly to the VP of Legal. You will get to apply your contract drafting and negotiations skills as well as your broader legal and business acumen to help MURAL scale efficiently and responsibly . The ideal candidate will be energized by a wide array of day-to-day legal issues and enjoys a fast paced “get it done” environment. This is a strategic role that will grow with the business, and advise on critical and broad-based areas of risk and opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Own the drafting, review, negotiation, and management (including legal operations) of a wide range of customer, partner, and vendor legal agreements.
- Build and update commercial agreement playbooks for direct deals, partner deals, and vendor/procurement deals.
- Mentor and advise other attorneys on the team as needed.
- Partner closely with the sales team, revenue operations, and sales operations on customer deals.
- Assist with the development of policies, procedures, and trainings to support global business.
- Assist with implementing the global privacy program. Staying on top of the latest privacy regulations in the US, UK, Europe, Australia, and Canada.
- Take the lead on various special projects as the need arises.
- 8+ years experience negotiating and structuring SaaS commercial transactions, privacy policies and agreements, and some corporate transactions.
- JD from an accredited law school and membership in at least one state Bar in good standing.
- Can-do attitude and bias for action. This is a revenue generating role and being immersed in the sales process is essential for successful execution.
- Experience with global data privacy laws and data security. CIPP certifications are a plus.
- Experience of working with OneTrust is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and make business friendly decisions while advising internal clients on risks is essential.
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.