Senior Corporate Counsel – Strategic Partnerships at RingCentral
Senior Corporate Counsel – Strategic Partnerships
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA
What if the decisions you made changed the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
When you join RingCentral Legal, you’ll bring your expertise to everything from policy to contracts to lawsuits. You’ll help protect the company from threats, guide internal policy decisions and drive ideas that change the way the world communicates. All in a strong, supportive culture designed to help you succeed.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
RingCentral, Inc. is seeking a seasoned Senior Corporate Counsel – Commercial to lead and grow our legal team. This individual must be self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced, sales-driven culture and will be responsible for supporting the sales team pursuing opportunities in relation to RingCentral’s strategic partnerships. This is a newly created position, reporting into the AVP, Legal, Strategic Partnerships.
The individual will be required to work closely with other members of the legal department, other departments within RingCentral, as well as outside partners and attorneys to draft, review, negotiate and manage contracts. This position also requires a desire and willingness to work on multiple and varied other legal projects and issues for RingCentral, including those relating to contract execution and internal policies as well as projects to help in the overall administration of the legal function within RingCentral.
- Providing support on commercial sales agreements, Master Service agreements, NDAs, SOWs and other transactions as needed, including reviewing, drafting, negotiating, revising and interpreting Unified Communications as a Service agreements, cloud contact center solutions agreements, master service agreements, and consulting and professional service agreements, among others.
- Interfacing with internal Sales, Sales Operations, Services, Finance and Accounting teams in the preparation, implementation and optimization of forms, playbooks processes and procedures.
- Supporting strategic partnerships and coordinating with partner Legal and Sales teams.
- Contributing broadly to the leadership of the businesses, working effectively with senior management and creating strong trusted advisor relationships with the business leaders cross-functionally.
- 10+ years as a deal/transactional lawyer, including experience at a top law firm and /or in-house in a high-tech/cloud company.
- Direct experience in structuring, negotiating, and drafting SaaS agreements, with experience with cloud-based communications services a plus.
- Confidence in dealing with other departments, outside representatives and upper management.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, facilitating clear and open communication at all levels of the organization.
- Lead projects. Work cross-functionally. Self-driven. Team player. Intellectually curious. Results oriented and accountable to timely deliver exceptional results.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- Strong business-judgment.
- Experience with public sector contracting (Locals, State, Federal government) a plus.
- A genuine enjoyment for providing legal support to sales teams in high-tech. Trusted advisor and valued partner to the sales organization. Can do attitude.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of cloud Message Video Phone (MVP), customer engagement and contact center solutions for businesses worldwide. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premise PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading third-party business applications and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.