Senior Counsel, Commercial at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:37 a.m. (PST) on Monday, June 22, 2020
Wish is looking for a talented and highly motivated Senior Counsel to join our growing Legal team and support our commercial services. In this role, you will support various business teams on a wide variety of commercial transactions, including drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and work closely with our various business units and cross-functional teams to support Wish’s dynamic and rapidly growing business, including new business development initiatives.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in commercial law and significant experience and comfort with a wide variety of commercial agreements, including global supply chain, procurement, logistics, platform transactions, technology licensing/transactions, and other commercial agreements and documents. You should also possess a strong business acumen that fits well with a fast-paced business environment and be a team player. This role will be located in our San Francisco headquarters office.
What you'll do
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements to support our global business activities including but not limited to supply chain, procurement and logistics activities, including sourcing and supply agreements, logistics and transportation agreements, technology licensing agreement, nondisclosure agreements, marketing agreements (digital and non-digital) and other commercial contracts and matters.
- Partner with various business teams across the organization to structure, draft and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Identify and explain commercial agreement terms and associated risks to the relevant business stakeholders and interpret contract requirements, obligations and risk assessment or exposure and advise on same.
- Develop strategic relationships with Wish’s internal business leaders and stakeholders as well as vendors and suppliers to support transactions relating to the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Provide thoughtful and practical business and legal advice to help support global business initiatives and development of relationships with strategic partners.
- Resolve issues that arise in commercial relationships, including but not limited to handling pre-litigation disputes, inquiries and advice.
Who you are
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and active membership in one state bar required
- 5+ years of attorney experience handling commercial contracts (with at least 2 years of experience at a law firm and/or in-house at a multinational corporation), including complex transactions, and preferably within an e-commerce, consumer products, platform, and/or technology company handling consumer goods.
- Proven drafting, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solution oriented and ability to provide sound and practical business judgment.
- Experience with, and ability to, work efficiently and prioritize a heavy workflow on numerous projects and deals simultaneously and under demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, learn quickly, take initiative, work proactively and be resourceful.
- Team player and a great sense of humor.
- Knowledge and experience in international trade matters (e.g., import/export), ad tech, and/or data privacy (GDPR/CCPA) a plus.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description