Senior Counsel, Commercial at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:17 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Wish is looking for a talented Senior Commercial Counsel to join our growing Legal team. In this role, you will support business teams on a variety of commercial transactions and negotiations and work closely with our various business units and cross-functional teams to support Wish’s dynamic and rapidly growing business.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in commercial law and significant experience with various types of commercial agreements, including global supply chain, procurement, logistics and other commercial and/or transactional agreements and documents. You should also possess a business acumen that fits well with a fast-paced business environment and be a team player. This role will be located in our San Francisco headquarters and/or San Jose office.
For internal use only:
What You’ll Do
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements to support our global supply chain, procurement and logistics activities, including sourcing and supply agreements, logistics and transportation agreements, nondisclosure agreements, software licensing agreements and other commercial contracts and matters.
- Partner with business teams across the organization to structure, draft and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Identify and explain commercial agreement terms and associated risks to the relevant business stakeholders and interpret contract requirements, obligations and risk assessment or exposure and advise on same.
- Develop strategic relationships with Wish’s internal business leaders and stakeholders as well as vendors and suppliers to support transactions relating to the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Resolve issues that arise in commercial relationships, including but not limited to handling pre-litigation disputes and inquiries.
Who You Are
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and active membership in one state bar required
- 4+ years of attorney experience handling commercial contracts (with at least 2 years of experience at a law firm and/or in-house at a multinational corporation), and preferably within a consumer products and/or technology company handling consumer goods.
- Proven drafting, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Common sense, sound and practical business judgment.
- Ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow and meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, learn quickly, take initiative, work proactively and be resourceful.
- Team player and a good sense of humor.
- Knowledge and experience in international trade matters (e.g., import/export) a plus.
Wish, is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We selectively bring together world-class technical talent that are passionate about connecting relevant products to value conscious consumers all over the world!
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish Careers Instagram
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description